A brand new carbon fiber avalanche shovel "RAY Ultralight"
Avalanche shovel RAY Ultralight is designed for rescue missions, building snow walls around tents, digging snow caves, testing snow surface. It is the first shovel with adjustable aggressiveness of the front edge.
Field of application: ski touring, ski alpinism, freeride, mountaineering. Avalanche shovel is a mandatory piece of equipment in ski mountaineering competitions. RAY Ultralight meets requirements of ISMF (International Ski Mountaineering Federation) and different competitions (for example, La Patrouille des Glaciers (PDG) in Switzerland).
RAY Ultralight advantages:
- compact size;
- ultralight weight (the lightest in its class);
- composite hybrid (75% carbon + 25% flax, approx.) micro-sandwich combines mechanical benefits of carbon with added advantages of reduced weight and environmental effect of flax;
- carbon-fiber shaft has low thermal conductivity, so it negates heat loss of the user’s hand;
- the scoop has a titanium blade which can be sharpened when required.
- Weight, g: 235;
- Scoop size, cm - 25*21*4 (V 2,1l);
- Overall length, cm - 55;
- Disassembled handle length, cm - 37;
- Scoop/handle material - carbon-fiber;
- Blade material - titanium.