The Final Event of UIAA 2015 Ice Climbing World Cup took place in Kirov from March 6 to 8
The conclusion of the UIAA Ice Climbing World Tour in Kirov determined the overall rankings for 2015. ТМ "ICE ROCK" was one of the main sponsors of the event.
It is worth noticing, that nowadays more and more Russian and international athletes choose products by ТМ "ICE ROCK". For example, there were athletes from Russia, Iran, Mongolia and Ukraine who used SKELETON, and some Canadian and Russian athletes made their choice for ASPEED. One of the finalist in “the lead men” highly appraised ASPEED as an ice-tool with a big potential that will definitely demonstrate its best characteristics in the upcoming season of the UIAA Ice Climbing World Tour. PTERYX proved its excellence in the Speed competition.
The Rankings were the following:
UIAA Ice Climbing World Cup
1. Klingler Petra (Switzerland)
2. Gallyamova Nadezhda (Russian Federation)
3. Shin WoonSeon (South Korea)
1. Proshchenko Radomir (Russian Federation)
2. Tomilov Maxim (Russian Federation)
3. Kuzovlev Nikolai (Russian Federation)
ТМ "ICE ROCK" contributed engraved ice-tools, ASPEED and PTERYX, as special awards for 2015 Overall Champions.
Overall Ranking Women Lead:
1. Rainer Angelika (Italy)
2. Klingler Petra (Switzerland)
3. HanNaRai Song (South Korea)
Maxim Tomilov (Kirov, Russia) won the Overall World Cup and his brother, Alexey Tomilov, won the bronze medal and completed the joy for the Tomilov family.
1. Maxim Tomilov (Russian Federation)
2. HeeYong Park (South Korea)
3. Alexey Tomilov (Russian Federation)
Ekaterina Koshcheeva (Kirov, Russia) won the 2015 UIAA World Speed Championship in Kirov.
Alexey Vagin, one of the most experienced Russian athletes and the coach of the Russian team, became the World Speed Champion in a thrilling final showing that experience still counts.
Overall Ranking Women Speed:
1. Feoktistova Ekaterina (Russian Federation)
2. Koshcheeva Ekaterina (Russian Federation)
3. Krasavina Maria (Russian Federation)
Overall Ranking Men Speed:
1. Kuzovlev Nikolai (Russian Federation)
2. Kartashev Vladimir (Russian Federation)
3. Trapeznikov Egor (Russian Federation)
This Final Stage of the UIAA Ice Climbing World Tour in Kirov has become an unforgettable event and we are looking forward to the upcoming 2016 season!